Who Dat?!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Classic Mix x DJ Jazzy Jeff - 'The Vibe I'm On'


I used to love this tape (yes, cassette tape!) way back. I thrashed it so much I had to make another couple of copies just to preserve what deserves.

My old DJ pal DJ Dozer put me onto it and it made me want to make mixes just like it. In fact, to be honest I've been known to bite some of the blends from it in my own DJ sets over the years!

Have a listen, it'll take you all the waaay back to 1998 when it was made and the joints that were then super-fresh.

I just love Jeff's simple, old-school but extremely effective mix style; and then there's his classic cutting and scratching techniques. Magic.

So, take a trip back to the late 90's in a hip-hop fashion while a DJ master steers the good ship Cassette.

Enjoy.



Intro-(samples “Summer In The City-Quincy Jones)
Lauryn Hill “Lost Ones” BLEND
Common Sense – “Communinism”
-interlude-
Mos Def – “Universal Magnetic”
Shawn J Period, OC, Ras Kass “Action Guaranteed”
Diamond D & Sadat X with C-Low, Severe & K-Terrible – Feel It
Nas “One Love” BLEND-”I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are”-Grand Puba ’95)
A Tribe Called Quest “Stressed Out Remix”
A Tribe Called Quest “Get A Hold”
A Tribe Called Quest “Jam”
A Tribe Called Quest + Busta Rhymes “One, Two”
A Tribe Called Quest “Award Tour”
De La Soul “Breakadawn”
De La Soul “Stakes Is High” / BLEND
Channel Live + KRS-One “Mad Izm”
Interlude
Eminem “’97 Bonnie & Clyde” BLEND
The Fugees “Fugee-La” BLEND
Interlude-
KRS-One “Hip-Hop vs. Rap”
Organized Konfusion “Somehow Someway”
Interlude
Gang Starr “U Know My Steez”
Dialated Peoples “Work The Angles”
Limitless “Fat Free” BLEND “I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun (Kenny Dope Remix)” -Nuyorican Soul featuring Jocelyn Brown 1997)”
Camp-Lo + Trugoy of De La Soul “Sparkle”
Mos Def, Q-Tip, Tash “Body Rock”
“Time Bomb”
Roy Ayers “Searching”
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth “Searchin’
Tom Scott “Today”
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth “They Reminise Over You (T.R.O.Y.)”
A Tribe Called Quest “Pad And Pen”
DMX “Where My Dogs At?” BLEND-”Summertime ’98″-JJ&TheFP
Main Source “Lookin’ At The Front Door”
A Tribe Called Quest “Hot 4 U”
A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes, & Redman “Steppin’ It Up”
Outro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...