Who Dat?!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dam Funk X MC Eiht X Steve Arrington 12"




I met and interviewed Damon 'Dam Funk' earlier this year, cool cat, nice guy. He was talking about this record and more in our back an' forth funk banter. (I'll post up a file of the interview in the near future).

News about this soon come 12" on my favourite label Stonesthrow Records, leaves me excited to say the least.
Steve Arrington is a musician whose electro-funk jams I have admired for a minute, and little did I know he was the drummer for Slave, until Damon let me know! Very cool.

Enjoy the funky DL, and vinyl heads, keep ya eyes peeled for the wax coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the Steve Arrington record with Dam-Funk - but I reckon it'll be Steve singing, not drumming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's right. Dam said he did all the beats, Steve did all the lyrics.
    He dropped some at the club, mean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...